So what is an apocolypse?
According to Webster’s “the complete final destruction of the world, especially as described in the biblical book of Revelation.” about describes the situation that Apple Iphone users have on their hands.
In the wake of a recent attack against Apple, 225,000 jail broken Iphones’ were taken over by unknown hackers.
A large number of Australian Iphone users woke up last night to a loud push notification demanding between $50 to $100s.
What do We Do
Apple support specialists advise the following in order to regain access to your phone:
Follow these steps if you never synced your device with iTunes, if you don’t have Find My iPhone set up, or if you can’t get to your own computer. You’ll need to put your device in recovery mode to erase the device and its passcode. Then you’ll restore your device.
- Disconnect all cables from your device.
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Home button. While holding the Home button, connect your device to iTunes. If your device doesn’t turn on automatically, turn it on.
- Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
- iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode. Click OK, then restore the device.
Iphone Hack Origin
This hack seems to be coming from either Asian or European black hats due to there less than stellar English.
Here is the ransom note being pushed to Apple users:
Device hacked by Oleg Pliss. For unlock device, you need send voucher code by 100 usd/eur (Moneypack/Ukash/PaySafeCard) to email:email@example.com for unlock.
There is still much to be discovered about the recent intrusion. We will keep our readers updated.
Latest posts by Sara Six (see all)
- Apple Fanboys Get Stuck for Ransom - September 2, 2015
- AT&T Ad Injection: Malware “Legal” for Fortune 500s - August 26, 2015
- Pirates Beware: Windows 10 Banished by Torrent Community - August 24, 2015